The procedure for obtaining a Work Permit
Work permit for foreign citizens arrived to Russia from visa-free countries is issued by the local administration of the Migration police upon personal request of foreign citizen or through his representative (Company- employer).
Only after obtaining a work permit, a foreign citizen can be officially hired by the Company-employer.
Having hired a foreigner with a work permit (and also in the case of the further dismissal), a Company-employer is obligated within the three-day period to inform the local department of the Migration police about the conclusion of the labour contract with a foreign citizen.
List of the required documents:
- Copies of all passport pages (with the notarized translation into Russian if required). The period of validity of passport should be not less than 6 months after the work permit expiration date. Age of worker should be from 18 years (he was not deported and have no administrative or criminal offenses);
- Copy of migration card;
- Copy of Arrival Notification form (registration);
- Photo 3x4 centimetre (2 pieces, mat surface paper, colored);
- Medical certificate according to the results of the analyses: HIV, leprosy, syphilis, chancre, tuberculosis, drug addiction, lymphogranuloma. Certificate can be presented with all the documents or during 30 days after obtaining a work permit. Except the citizens of Tadzhikistan, the presence of certificate for whom is strongly required.
- Personal application
Original of the pay commission with the mark of a bank proving the payment of state duty at a rate of 2000 RUR per 1 foreign worker employed or receipt about the payment of state duty through Sberbank.
In case the work permit is processed by the Company-employer, it is also required:
- Application from the Company-employer;
- List of the required employers (full name and profession);
- Letter of guarantee;
- Power of attorney from the Company-employer to deliver and obtain the documents.