Russian Business Visa
Russian business visa is the most popular type of Russian visa for businesspeople and long-term trips.
- visa's validity period and number of permitted entries
- who issues Visa Invitation and how it is submitted to the Consulate
- visa and Visa Invitation's urgency
- your citizenship and the purpose of visit
- prices and quality of your visa assistant's services
- single- or double-entry valid for up to 3 months
- multiple-entry valid for up to 1 year or up to 3 years in some cases.
- Invitation from the Migration police – issued by the local department of the Russian Migration police (former FMS) upon the request of Russian accredited companies
- Invitation MFA – issued by the Consular Department of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) upon the request of Russian state organizations
- Official Invitation-Letter – issued directly by the Russian organization and is available only for citizens of the USA, Norway, Switzerland, Japan and EU (except for citizens of the UK, Ireland and Croatia)
- original Invitation from the Migration police or MFA on a stamped form (so-called Yellow page) – is required to get a multiple-entry visa; be noted that the delivery of the original Invitation will require time and additional fee
- copy of an Invitation from the Migration police or MFA on a stamped form – is required to get a single- and double-entry visa
- electronic Invitation – Telex – an Invitation from the Migration police or MFA is sent directly to the Russian Consulate of your choice
- original or copy of an Official Invitation-Letter from a Russian organization – depending on citizenship, number of permitted entries and other factors, the Consulate may request the original Invitation and has the right to process visas up to 10 days
Citizens of the Schengen countries can obtain a visa in any country-member of the Schengen Area.
To receive a Russian visa in a third country, one must submit a residence or work permit in this country.
Business visa can be extended only in exceptional cases (such as a serious illness) and only upon the request of your. We strongly recommend you to keep in mind the expiry date of your visa in order to avoid problems upon departure from Russia.