Procedimiento para obtener una visa para un especialista altamente calificado
Obtaining a work visa for Highly Qualified Specialist (HQS) is a simple and fast process.
To legally hire a foreign employee as a Highly Qualified Specialist, an employing company registered in Moscow will need on average 20 working days and 4300 ₽ to pay state fees for a Work permit and a Visa Invitation issued by the Russian Migration Police of Moscow as well as the Consular fee for issuing visa at the Russian Consulate.
Work visa for Highly Qualified Specialist is valid for up to 3 years and may be extended for the next 3 years 30 days before the current visa expiration date without leaving Russia. HQS visas are issued by the Russian Migration Police of Moscow.
Steps of getting visa for Highly Qualified Specialist:
- Work permit for a foreigner (Plastic card).
- Work visa Invitation for a foreigner (not required if a foreigner is already in Russia on invitation from an employing company).
To obtain a Work permit for a Highly Qualified Specialist, an employing company must submit to the Russian Migration Police of Moscow:
- application for hire a Highly Qualified Specialist;
- labor contract with the employed Highly Qualified Specialist which enters into force when the specialist receives the Work permit. To be accepted, a labor contract must contain the following data:
- labor contract date;
- indication of the contract to be concluded for an indefinite period;
- position of the employed Highly Qualified Specialist;
- monthly salary in rubles;
- information on provided health insurance .
- written obligation to pay the costs of the Russian Federation related to possible deportation of the employed Highly Qualified Specialist from Russia;
- notarized copies of TIN/ KPP and certificate of the main state registration number or an extract from the state register of accredited branches of foreign legal entities if employing company is a branch of a foreign legal entity;
- confirmation of payment of the state fee 3500 rubles per person;
- colored photo of Highly Qualified Specialist (3×4 cm) on the mat paper;
- notarized translated passport copy of Highly Qualified Specialist.
Time period for consideration of the employer's application to hire a Highly Qualified Specialist is 16 working days from the date of application.
To obtain a visa Invitation for a Highly Qualified Specialist, the following documents must be submitted to the Russian Migration Police of Moscow:
- application on issuing invitation;
- letter of guarantee;
- copy of a document proving the documents to process Work permit have been accepted;
- passport copy of a foreign employee;
- copy of labor contract;
- confirmation of state fee payment (800 ₽).
After hiring a Highly Qualified Specialist, it is necessary to:
- Receive TIN for HQS which is issued by the Federal Tax Service automatically when processing the Work permit. The employer should notify the Russian Migration Police of Moscow of the receipt of the document.
- Notify the Russian Migration Police of Moscow of conclusion of the employment agreement with a specialist in 3 days after beginning of employment.
- Quarterly notify the Russian Migration Police of Moscow of the amount of salary received by the HQS.